Welcome to Grade 9 and 10 Pre Advanced Placement English!
Students who choose ENG 1DP and ENG 2DP are interested in developing significant critical thinking, argumentation, and language skills. Successful students will then move into ENG 3UP and ENG 4UP to directly prepare for the AP Literature and AP Language Exams.
In addition to fulfilling the curriculum requirements of Grade 9 Academic English and Grade 10 Academic English, students will also complete three additional assignments. Students may take the average of these assignments and add it to their mark at the end of the semester. Students should write all of the assignments to maximize both their learning and preparation for Grade 11 and 12.
The assignments are meant to challenge students at the level of Advanced Placement study. Find here some sample of assignments which demonstrate the academic rigour an AP student can expect.
- Summer Reading Experience. REQUIRED FOR ALL STUDENTS TAKING AP ENGLISH
- An Argumentative Essay View a Past Argument Essay Prompt
- A Film Cover Analysis Essay View a Past Analysis Essay Prompt
- Multiple Choice Passages. See the College Board Website for Multiple Choice preparation strategies and sample questions.
- Poetry Analysis Assignment. View a Past Poetry Assignment