Welcome to Grade 11 Advanced Placement English!
Students who choose ENG 3UP have successfully demonstrated significant critical thinking, argumentation, and language skills in their grade 9 and 10 Pre-AP English courses. You are now ready to prepare for the first of two AP English exams administered by the College Board: AP Language and Composition.
Visit here for a full description of the AP Language and Composition Exam
In addition to fulfilling the curriculum requirements of Grade 11 University English students in Grade 11AP will also complete five additional assignments that will prepare them to write the AP exams in May. Students may take the average of these assignments and add it to their mark at the end of the semester. Students should write all of the assignments to maximize both their learning and preparation for the exam.
The assignments are meant to challenge students at the level of Advanced Placement study. Find here a sample year of assignments which demonstrate the academic rigour an AP student can expect.
- AP Summer Reading. View the Reading Instructions and Writing Assignment
- A Synthesis Essay. View the Synthesis Essay Instructions and a Sample Synthesis Question
- An Analysis Essay. View the Analysis Sample Question
- An Argument Essay. View the Argument Sample Question
- Multiple Choice Passages. See the College Board Website for Multiple Choice preparation strategies and sample questions.
- A Creative Assignment. View a AP Assignment